Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another trip to the ER!

Jacob is our tough guy - we never know when he is sick because he never complains. (Like the time I took him in for his 5-yr well check and found out he had strep throat!) He had been coughing a lot and running a fever, so I took him into the doctor and he was diagnosed with 'walking pneumonia'! He started on antibiotics, but a couple of days later, he got worse and didn't get out of bed for a big pancake breakfast I made. We knew something was wrong. I took him back to the doctor and his pulse/ox level was so low, they called EMS from the doctor's office! (It was in the low 80s and it's supposed to be above 95.) I got a grip on myself and told him we get to go to the hospital - in an ambulance! Jacob's eyes lit up behind the oxygen mask. He wasn't scared at all - I think he was too sick to really care much. Poor thing. He was given oxygen in the office and in the ambulance and by the time we got to the ER, he was much better. (You can see in the last picture when he's back to being silly.) They took x-rays to see how big the pneumonia had gotten. Luckily, it was only a small spot in his chest and they sent us home with more antibiotics. He's all better now and thankfully, no one else got as sick as he did. (Claire had a cough and Sawyer had ear infections.) I think we're finally over the sickness in our house!

No comments: