Sawyer came down with a really bad croupy cough the night after Thomas was born. His breathing was audible, labored and scary. Every time he got upset or uncomfortable it got worse. The poor thing couldn't even cry b/c his airway was so restricted. I called the triage nurse and Sam's dad to see if there was anything I could do to keep from going to the ER, but they could hear him over the phone and thought it was the best thing. It was a God-send that Matt (Sam's brother) was in town for work and staying at our house. So we didn't have to scramble around trying to find someone to come over and be with our kids in the middle of the night.
We were there from 11pm-3am - Sawyer had 2 breathing treatments and oral steroids and finally started sounding better. It took him a full 5 days to start feeling better, so it was a long week! Now that all three have gone to the ER, I hope we don't have to go back for a LONG time!

No comments:
Post a Comment