Jacob got Freddy the Fish as a present when Sawyer was born - 2 YEARS ago! (Sawyer will be 2 in 3 seeks!) I've had quite a few Beta fishes before but have never been able to keep one alive more than 6 months. Tonight, Jacob wanted to take a picture of Freddy for a school project and we were sad to find that Freddy was no longer with us. Jacob was a little teary-eyed about it. Claire was a little scared of the dead fish. We assured the kids that Freddy was a special fish who lived longer than any other Beta fish we knew of. We buried him in the backyard and celebrated his life here with us.
Below is a picture of Jacob opening the fish tank in the hospital in 2008. He looks so young!!
RIP, Freddy... RIP.

P.S. We currently have 2 toads as pets, so that fills the void some. Tinkle Toad and Chirpy came from Nana and Pappy's house and have survived their first 2 weeks in Austin. Jacob hasn't found as many crickets and bugs in our backyard, so I have gone to the pet store a couple of times to buy live crickets. I never thought I would do it, but frogs/toads are actually quite interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment