
Growing up in Austin, Jacob will be confronted soon with a major decision to make which wiil alter the course of his life forever. Which Professional football team should he root for, the Cowboys or The Texans. Both cities are about 3 hours from here, and both teams get adequate television coverage.
I broke out my Texans t-shirt yesterday, since the team is showing some respectability, and was wearing it around the house. Jacob, who also has a Texans shirt, saw me and said, "I have a shirt like that." He likes the Texans logo because of its similarities to the Texas flag. This gave me a prime opportunity to start preparing him for that fateful decision he will have to make someday. I explained that there are two types of football. College and Professional. The difference is that one group gets paid, and the other group gets paid A LOT. I told him there were two teams in Texas, the Cowboys in Dallas and the Texans in Houston. I then happened to mention that ALL of his family is from Houston. Mother, Father, both Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, etc. I let this sink in for a little bit. Then I said, what is your team you like, the Dallas team or the Houston team?
His Response? The Houston Texadelphians. Only in Austin.

No comments:
Post a Comment